Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ready...Set...Go!

It's been a few months since we've updated the blog. Lots has happened in the past 8 weeks. Wesley has started his job with the St. Louis City Police Department and he's loving every minute. Okay, well not EVERY minute. He doesn't like getting up super early and ironing his clothes etc. etc. What he does love is the people he's working with. He's made some quick friendships which is helping with the transition! He graduates at the beginning of January which is just around the corner. I'm so proud of him!

I have started my new job which is going well. Not much has changed for me other than office location. Still doing the same thing, still working with the same type of people. Although, it's been a nice change of pace to get back into domestic practice.

We bought a house! We are so excited to have a place that is all ours. We're also excited to put our own stamp on a place. It's a lot of work but I feel a pride of ownership. The "to do" list is a mile long and we will get to things slowly - as the budget allows but we absolutely love having our own house. Brad is loving the yard and so is Baxter (when he's allowed outside).

The biggest decision just came over the weekend. Wesley and I decided it was time to move forward with the adoption process. We (at the time) had no idea how we were going to pay for it but just knew that we would find a way. Well, wouldn't you know that mother of mine is very in tune to what's going on in my life. She called us up the other day to ask about the adoption and said that she wants to fund our home study! God is truly great and this is a great sign that the timing is right. So, we're getting ready to enter into the home study. We have a preliminary application to fill out which is almost complete.

I spoke to the adoption coordinator and she said that the agency has been placing babies every month and that she had one to place this month and one next month and that she is ready to take on more families. WHOO HOO! Once we turn in our preliminary application we will get a huge packet in the mail of paperwork to complete, fingerprinting, physicals etc. THEN we begin the home study. In theory, we will probably be doing the home study for the next 2-3 months depending on how quickly we turn in our paperwork.

Even since we've decided to go ahead with the home study, I have a lot of emotions. I'm mostly excited but I'm also nervous. I guess it's more the unknown than anything else. I know from another friend that this is a crazy time...with lots of emotions. I'm sad that we won't be getting pregnant. I'm thankful that there are women who want to make an adoption plan for their child, thus making us parents. I'm nervous because I've never been a parent before. And about a million other emotions I can't put into words.

Now the REAL journey beings!

1 comment:

GinaAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.