Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Our Beautiful Benjamin Seth


Sitting here today...I realize how fast life can change.  Literally, one phone call was all it took and now our lives will never be the same.  I've been dying to tell our story, but I wanted to wait until the termination of rights was complete.  Today it is.  Our heart are overjoyed for this little miracle.  We love him so much!

I got a call on Tuesday, after work.  Our social worker told us about a mom who had given birth to a little boy the previous Saturday.  She was hoping to make an adoption plan and she said that she was going to show our profile to her on Wednesday evening.  She also told me that she would let me know on Thursday morning of her decision.  Talk about a nail biter.  We told absolutely no one.  No family, no friends.  We did alert our work since we knew if we were chosen it would be a quick turn around time.  I don't think I slept at all on Wednesday night.  Something deep down told me this was it.  The call that we had been waiting for.  

Our worker called Thursday morning with fabulous news!  The mom had chosen us.  I was shaking...I couldn't wrap my head around all of this!  Of course, Thursday was a bust at work.  All I could think about was meeting our son!  We made plans to visit the mom and baby at the agency that evening at 4 p.m.  It was all happening so quickly, as I have read this is how it happens the majority of the time.   We immediately called our family with the awesome news!  I think they were in more shock than us!!  We met the mom and her mother and instantly fell in love with this sweet woman.  She is the epitome of strength, courage and faith.  I never knew that a bond could be formed so quickly but I felt a connection with her from the moment we met.  She is a beautiful young woman with a bright future ahead of her.  

THEN we met the baby.  Oh the baby.  We fell in love right away.  He stole our hearts with his big big brown eyes and his sweet cheeks!  As soon as we held him, he felt like ours.  Just like the story of the invisible red thread...we were destined to be together.  So...all of this is taking place on Thursday night.  We made arrangements to pick the baby up on Monday.  That's right folks...3 days notice before we brought our little joy home.

The next three days are days that I can hardly remember but I will never forget.  We had an army of friends and family helping us get things ready.  We had a make shift nursery to prepare (thank GOD we had purchased a bunch of big items) and we were literally showered with clothes and small gifts to help get ready for Ben's homecoming!

More to come with the details of our homecoming.  This journey has been a testament of faith.  It is a testament of the power of prayer and waiting patiently.  I would have waited 5 more years for this sweet boy!  The Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he united our birth mom, us and our sweet Ben.

7 comments:

Pamela M M Berkeley said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! And he's beautiful.

Blogging For Adoption said...

Congratulations! :)

Rach said...

Oh he is stunning! We had a similar story. We got the call the day after Ava was born and had to haul it to meet her! So excited for you!!

Patiently Waiting...... said...

Thank you for sharing your story. What a beautiful, beautiful little boy AND your son! So inspiring! God Bless!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Congratulations!!! What a cute baby you have! You are right ... He has gorgeous eyes! Oh, what a fantastic story!

Anonymous said...

This is Jenny - Amen to that!! Our Birth Father's rights were terminated this afternoon. I'm still going to give you a call this week! Give Ben a big kiss!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story. Congratulations!