Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Is That God, Talking To Me??

For those of us who go to church and share a relationship with God, we often hear from others how God will "talk to them". Unfortunately for me, I can't say that I've ever really thought God was speaking directly to me. I've felt the holy spirit, I've prayed and prayers have been answered. However, I've never felt like a message was being sent directly down from Heaven, just for me.

All that changed when my husband and I got married. We had hoped to start a family soon after getting married in the hopes of having three children, with one small hitch. Throughout my life, I've had a feeling. It's a feeling that touched the depths of my soul. I have always felt that I would never be able to have children. When I would tell people this, they would laugh it off and tell me to think positive. I too would try to make myself believe in what they were saying.

As luck would have it, we were diagnosed with a fairly serious infertility issue early on during our marriage (more on that later). Now, in hindsight, I can say with certainty that God has been talking directly to me. The years of living with this "feeling" was actually God preparing my heart for a different path...the road less traveled. So, it is here that we are trying to walk by faith even though it's scary. We're learning what it truly means to let go and let God take over. We're trying to trust that the good Lord does indeed have a child out there for us and that he or she will come into our lives when we have prepared for the challenges and the immense joy that having children brings.

The road ahead is scary with lots of unknown obstacles. Our hope, as a couple, is that we can remain strong in our faith, in our marriage and learn to trust in the Lord with all our hearts.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Follow you heart - God will guide you down the right path - It might be a bit bumpy now but with your faith and your love you will find the smooth path and the love of a child.

Anonymous said...

I continue to be amazed and awed at your grace and strenght during this time! You are a mamma just waiting for the perfect little soul to come into your life! I love you both!! :) HUGS!!!

Unknown said...

I had no idea! I'm sorry to hear about your struggles but you have an amazing attitude about the situation and we all stand behind you and have hope and faith that there is definitely a child out there for you!!

Unknown said...

Best wishes on your adoption process. You both will be awesome parents. Believe in God and he will take care of you. You will be able to give a child a wonderful life, that didn't have that chance. :) We're praying for you.