Monday, July 25, 2011

Why Am I Here??

I have been thinking a lot about the path that I'm going down. The journey that we're on has opened my eyes to something that is much bigger than myself. I always joke that I should have been a teacher...and in another life I would be. Not only because I love children but it's a great job for a working mom. It's also a way to touch the lives of children every single day. I have a few friends who are fabulous teachers. Their jobs are difficult (and sometimes downright hard) but they are giving back in a way that I am unable to.

So, since we don't just have the $$ sitting around for me to go back to school, I've been wondering what I'm supposed to do with my life. I have a passion for children. I love them. They make me happy and they are truly a reflection of heaven. They are little blessings that look at the world with complete abandon...something that we lose as we grow older. Adoption is a way of touching a life but I feel like there is so much more out there. I read blogs of families who adopt from remote parts of the world, where desperation lives and people are truly going "without". I see families who set up foundations to help others with the financial burden of adoption. I see families opening their home up to become foster parents. What can I do to make a difference? How can I serve the Lord?

Unfortunately, I have no answers to these questions but they are questions that have been on my heart recently. I know that my "gift" is the relationship I have with children. I want to leave an imprint of a life spent serving the Lord...I'm just not sure how it will play out. Maybe being a mother is how I will contribute but I feel like the Lord has great plans for me. I'm patiently waiting for His nudge in the right direction. I feel that my life needs to be much more than what it is now.

I hope that this passion I feel to find my corner of the world continues to impress upon my heart. Please pray for me as I open up my heart in search of an answer that has proved illusive to this point.

No comments: