Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tick Tick Tick

We're over 1/2 through the year and I'm starting to feel panicked. As far as I know, the adoption tax credit has not been extended to 2012. Which means we have four short months left until we are no longer eligible for the refundable credit. The tax credit really is a blessing to so many families, including ours, as we prayerfully consider adoption. Having a placement before the end of the year would alleviate much of the financial burden that comes along with the adoption. I know that we're in good hands and that regardless of my desires, everything will happen in His time. Praying that the Lord can quiet my restless heart!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

3 comments:

Blogging For Adoption said...

I think they did approve it through 2012, but it's just not refundable anymore and will revert back to you have so many years to receive the full refund back. We are in the same situation and were hoping to adopt by the end of the year as well.

Blogging For Adoption said...

Here's a link I found explaining it. :)
http://taxes.about.com/od/deductionscredits/qt/adoptioncredit.htm

Patiently Waiting...... said...

I love the bible verse you posted. I really needed to read that. It is so hard giving up control. I wish we could have a "due date" for adoption because that would make it so much more manageable. This journey will be so worth it! Hang in there!