Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary!


August 8th...the best day of my life. It sounds cliche but it's true. Two years ago I married my husband, on a hot August day, surrounded by our family and friends. I can still feel the butterfiles in my stomach right before I walked down the aisle. I can still hear the sounds of champagne glasses clinking in celebratory toasts. I loved every single moment of that day. It didn't matter that it was so hot that day and that my dress weighed 100lbs. All that mattered was Wesley and me, starting our life together.



These past two years have been nothing short of wonderful despite many obstacles. We started our marriage living with Wesley's parents while he finished the police academy. We shared in the struggle of Wes finding a job...going through a second police academy...getting the news of infertility...buying our first home...adopting a dog...this is our life. It might be crazy and stressful but it's ours and I'm so proud of the couple we are. Wesley has taught me so much in our short time together. He has taught me the value of patience and understanding. He has shown me that you shouldn't judge people, instead accept them for where they are in life's journey. He has, in his own quiet way, been a light of God's grace. He is the one person that will stand beside me. He's seen me at my worst and still loves me for who I am when I'm at my best. I have gained a second family with the Pierce's and I love them so much. It feels like I've always been one of them. I have watched as Wesley seemlessly became a forever member of my family. It's such a blessing to stand aside and watch my dreams become reality.



I am beyond blessed. I only hope that I can be the wife that he deserves. I thank God everyday for joining us together as one on August 8th. I treasure our memories from the past and look forward to the future.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

2 comments:

Rach said...

Lovely pictures and memories!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary!
Hooray for August Anniversaries ... ours is Aug. 6th. :)