Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Little Birdy Told Me

An unlikely source has helped with our adoption!  A co-worker of mine told Wes and I to check out this agency in St. Louis. To be honest, I had never heard of the agency and I was a bit skeptical. It took over a week of e-mailing back and forth for me to finally call the agency and speak with the social worker about our case. Wesley and I went in yesterday to meet with her and we LOVED her! She was so warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the process. You could tell she has a true passion for what she does. She breathed some life back into our adoption plan and her enthusiasm was contagious

We have decided to work with this agency, in addition to Good Shepherd. They are still a small program but both Wesley and I have a really good feeling about it! Their fees are extremely reasonable and I'm hopeful that we will have a placement with them! God is good and it's no coincidence in the timing of these events. We've been searching and praying for which path to take. Just last week I was certain that it would be after the first of the year before we decided to join another agency and here we are! I am thankful for the good Lord's timing. We needed a bit of a pick-me-up as we've been feeling like we've "stalled" out a bit. Keep us in our prayers and we begin wait #2!

We make our own plans but the Lord gives the right answer. Proverbs 16:1

1 comment:

Patiently Waiting...... said...

Exciting! I love your confidence! Good things lie ahead!