Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Learning How To Pray

I have started reading a book at the suggestion of a dear friend called The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I'm only half way into this reading and what a wake up call it has been! This book is about learning how to pray for your husband in a way that you have never done before. It is a thirty-day challenge. Reading a few short pages per day and then saying the prayer at the end of the chapter that will lift your husband up in prayer to the Lord. The book is quite good, with the first chapter focusing on you. Teaching you to let go of anything that holds you back so that you are able to pray for your husband with abandon. The hope is that while you are praying for your husband, the Lord is not only changing your husband but changing you as well. Every day you pray for a specific aspect of your husbands life...his job, his health, his temptations etc. I am a firm believer of setting your marriage on the rock of the Lord so that when the trials of life rain down, a firm foundation is in place to shield you. Wesley and I are imperfect in every sense...what makes us think that two imperfect people would ever be able to have a successful marriage? The key to a successful marriage is pairing two imperfect individuals with our perfect Creator. With God at the center and heart of our marriage we will be able to face the storms of life. So far, Wesley and I have weathered the infertility storm better than I could have hoped for.  I am excited to pray for my husband on a very real, deep level that forces me out of my comfort zone!

I will sing to the Lord for He has been good to me. Psalm 13:6

1 comment:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

This sounds like a great book! Thanks for the recommendation as this is something I need to do. I'm not always the biggest cheerleader about his ideas (I say I'm a realist), which I know irks him. I hope this will be able to change me in that way.