Monday, August 15, 2011

Thankful for the Wait

I know that I have spoken about the frustration of the adoption process and how we are so excited to become parents but sometimes...just sometimes...I'm thankful for the wait. I am thankful because we can get our finances in order. I am thankful because I am able to spend uninterrupted time with my husband. I am thankful for impromptu gathering with friends without having to worry about a babysitter. I know that once we have a child we will gladly trade in these luxuries however right now we are counting this time as a blessing. I know that this is precious time that we will never get back once we have children so I'm trying to make the most of our wait by living life. Going out with friends, going to Cardinal games, taking weekend getaway trips and just being together. I have felt an overwhelming peace over the last couple months as I have continually prayed and tried to lay this burden at the feet of Jesus. My cup runneth over...life is so abundantly sweet!

No comments: